IXL Metal castings offers a range of Iron and Steel castings supplied to meet your applications. Materials include ductile iron, grey and alloyed grey iron, compacted graphite, steel, stainless steel, white iron and Nickel based products.
- After-cast heat treatment to your requirements.
- High quality feed, known analysis, including using metal from our metal stamping facility.
- Induction melting process.
- Casting normally between 100kg and 2000kg
- Small and large quantities available.
Testing and Quality Assurance
- Qualified personnel.
- Daily validation checks.
- Service agreements to test equipment. Calibrated equipment.
- Serial numbers on each casting is available.
- All castings are Traceable to metal heat number.
- Coupons cast on ingot mould end. One sample per heat checked.
- Metallography. Graphite nodularity, pearlite % and free of carbides.
- Hardness, Brinnel testing is available in house.
- Test certificates produced for internal control and available for customers.
- External conformance checks and benchmarking to existing supplier is also available.
- High quality single or multi cavity plastic production patterns, crucial for conformity to design and good moulding practice.
- Off tool sample inspection reports produced by our Automotive QC section.
- "Rigid box” moulding. High strength steel flask to ensure maximum rigidity of sand mould producing "X-ray quality products, which cannot be obtained by "flaskless" moulding.
- Multiple "Risers" to feed metal during metal shrinkage phase contributing to improved quality.
- Use fine virgin grain sand where essential.
- Grit blast clean.
- Nil or minimal grinding on inside surface.
- Quality paint finishes available
- Various rust preventatives available